For each library, the County Council is offering one of several outcomes:
- Delegate the running of the library to a Parish, Town or Borough Council;
- For a community library, invite community groups to bid to run the library;
- For a county library, invite all potential providers to bid to run the library, which will inevitably include profit-driven commercial interests;
- Negotiate directly with a suitable organisation to take over the running of a library;
- For a community library, stop all funding in 2012 if the county council does not receive viable proposals. In other words, the library will close.
The final say over who will get the chance to run the each library remains with the County Council.